Experience The Mountain Parks Blog
...all about the Alberta-to-British Columbia mountain parks, including life in and around the parks. Not all our news and stories are here, though, so you might want to check our news section and Bob's "tweets" —conveniently placed in the upper right of each page.
One of our newest contributors, Graeme Pole just released a new Canadian Rockies guide.
This 20th Anniversary Edition (184 pages, softcover, $21.95) includes 151 outings in Banff, Jasper, Yoho, Kootenay, Mt. Robson, Waterton Lakes, and Akamina-Kishinena Parks, as well as Kananaskis Country and Kootenay Plains Recreation Area!!
Hike descriptions are packed with comprehensive information on history, geology, wildlife, and wildflowers.Detailed maps and suggestion for the best time of day to visit, assist in planning itineraries. Colour photographs depict the principal features. Wildlife and wildflower guides, and tips on equipment, preparedness, trail etiquette, as well as bear safety.
This is definitely an indispensable resource we recommend. Since its first release, this title has sold more than 65,000 copies.
As an alternate, you might want to order it from Alpine Book Peddlers, 1-866-478-2280.
That's no surprise when one knows Darren has been captivated by the art of photography for decades, and his passion for nature and outdoors lead him to have his shots featured in many tourism-based marketing materials in B.C. and Alberta.
So, you want to get better at photography, even master it? Then you don't want to miss this unique opportunity, enroll in his photography workshop, August 3, 4 and 5, 2012, space is very limited. You want to act now.
You'll learn to take better photographs in an iconic B.C. mountain playground. if you join Darren, you'll spend three days gaining the skills, techniques and knowledge necessary to vastly improve your imagery. You'll start honing your skills with presentations and workshops on camera functions, composition, lighting, accessories, and working with subjects. Then, you’ll head out into mountain wilderness for some hands-on learning experiences at one of the most breathtaking locations in Canada as well as one of the most secluded mountain playgrounds in the world; The Purcells!
By the way, price is $1999 per person and does include the following:
- Three full days of workshops and field instruction in The Purcells
- Three nights accommodation at the Purcell Mountain Lodge
- All meals
- Return helicopter transportation to lodge from Golden, B.C.
Get all information by downloading this PDF.
Darren Robinson 2012 Photography Workshop in The Purcells (792 KB)
Today, Sunday April 22, 2012 is Earth Day. That means we're all concerned about our Earth future. However it doesn't mean we as individuals, shouldn't be concerned about it every day of our life, doesn't it? Actually it's only if we start on an individual level, that we'll be able (as a global community) to have an impact on an individual basis as well as globally.
So and on this very topic, we fully support this "Take it up for Earth Day" initiative as it (hopefully) could have a sustainable impact not only on our planet but on our daily lives too by simply starting to take up a new habit!
So, if you feel concerned, intrigued, or compelled check this initiative out here, and moreover pledge but get started for a better personal life here.
Now we'll make sure Earth Day doesn't last one day a year!
- Banff Visitor Centre pays tribute to its cultural history
- Getting Off The Grid. Great for Adventure Lovers!
- And the second place in the Friends & Family category goes to...
- And the second place in the Videos category of our 2012 RECESS IS BACK readers' contest goes to...
- And the second place in the Landscapes and Sunsets category of our 2012 RECESS IS BACK readers' contest goes to...
- And the second place in the Wildlife & Flowers category goes to...
- And the winners of our 2012/2013 Photos and Videos Contest are...
- 2012/2013 Photos/Videos Contest
- oTENTiks are coming to a mountain park near you!
- Submissions to our 2012/2013 Photos/Videos Contest are now over...