Experience The Mountain Parks Blog
...all about the Alberta-to-British Columbia mountain parks, including life in and around the parks. Not all our news and stories are here, though, so you might want to check our news section and Bob's "tweets" —conveniently placed in the upper right of each page.
Have a look here. More are uploaded every week. Please make sure to check but follow the rules; as an example, no captions provided then your submission(s) won't even be considered even though displayed.
We received quite a substantial amount of submissions to our 2012/2013 Photos & Videos Contest. We'll be uploading your submissions pretty soon.
However, numerous submissions didn't indicate captions, locations. Unless you provide this critical information we won't be able to consider your submissions. As well we do need to know which contest you're entering your submission for:
- Flowers & Wildlife Category competing for a Dream Getaway to Banff,
- Landscapes & Sunsets Category competing for a Dream Getaway to Jasper,
- Friends & Family Category competing for a Dream Getaway to Revelstoke,
- Videos Category competing for a Recess for 4, a Houseboat Vacation up to 20 guests.
We'll be emailing to individuals who missed these critical points when sending us their submissions.
Neal Courtney from Alberta, got all answers right and got randomly drawn so won the first set of 3 companion guides generously offered by the author Graeme Pole.
For the record, the three questions asked were:
1. The first Canadian mountain more than
3,048 metres high (10,000 feet) to be climbed was:
- Mount Temple
- Mount Stephen
- Mount Robson
- Mount Hector
The correct answer is Mount Stephen.
2. The Kicking Horse River is a tributary of the:
- Columbia River
- Kootenay River
- Campbell River
- Bow River
The correct answer is Columbia River.
3. Which figure in Rockies history was known as "the little emperor"?
- James Hector
- James Sinclair
- George Simpson
- William Cornelius Van Horne
The correct answer is George Simpson.
There are 9 more chances to win a set of these guides. Make sure to check our Trivia Quiz #2, running from June 4 to July 4 inclusive. Sorry, only one answer per person will be accepted. If your entered answers were right, your name will be entered in our random draw and you could win the set.
- And the second place in the Friends & Family category goes to...
- And the second place in the Videos category of our 2012 RECESS IS BACK readers' contest goes to...
- And the second place in the Landscapes and Sunsets category of our 2012 RECESS IS BACK readers' contest goes to...
- And the second place in the Wildlife & Flowers category goes to...
- And the winners of our 2012/2013 Photos and Videos Contest are...
- 2012/2013 Photos/Videos Contest
- oTENTiks are coming to a mountain park near you!
- Submissions to our 2012/2013 Photos/Videos Contest are now over...
- Please be patient...
- Who said people don't read the ads?