Experience The Mountain Parks Blog
...all about the Alberta-to-British Columbia mountain parks, including life in and around the parks. Not all our news and stories are here, though, so you might want to check our news section and Bob's "tweets" —conveniently placed in the upper right of each page.
Rosemarie Wrobel, of Calgary, Alberta, for the above video submission. The text she sent us along is the following: "Join us as we experience the mountain parks in Kananaskis Country and Banff and Yoho National Parks: hiking, cycling, kayaking, photography, snowshoeing and a helicopter ride."
Rosemarie won a portable campfire courtesy of Campfire In A Can with an approximate retail value of $330.
A huge "Thank You" for their submissions to:
- Alan Lam, Calgary, Alberta
- Alastair Luke, Calgary, Alberta
- Allen Gibson, Lethbridge, Alberta
- Anbareen Abeer, Calgary, Alberta
- Andrea Bordun, Sylvan Lake, Alberta
- Angela Mitchell, Yakima, Washington, U.S.A.
- Argee Gavino, Hinton, Alberta
- Ash Lattanzi, Nanaimo, British Columbia
- Barbara Ford, Spruce Grove, Alberta
- Barry Philippson, Ottawa, Ontario
- Benjamin Beaupré-Walsh, Regina, Saskatchewan
- Bob Strain, Abbotsford, British Columbia
- Brian Hicks, Devon, Alberta
- Candice Armit, Edmonton, Alberta
- Carol Tomkulak, Vernon, British Columbia
- Cheryl Navratil, Coaldale, Alberta
- Chris Girard, Richmond, British Columbia
- Christie Jess, Port Williams, Nova Scotia
- Christina Hunterwagner, Maple Creek, British Columbia
- Christine Newman, Cochrane, Alberta
- Cindy Burkholder, Wetaskiwin, Alberta
- Claude Robidoux, Penticton, British Columbia
- Court Gregson, Lethbridge, Alberta
- Courtney Neal, Calgary, Alberta
- Csaba Shopper, Edmonton, Alberta
- David Schwab, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Debbie Brewer, Prince George, British Columbia
- Denis Delisle, Magna Bay, British Columbia
- Diane Ruault, Edgewater, British Columbia
- Don Webster, Calgary, Alberta
- Eduardo Baena, Surrey, British Columbia
- Erica Koch, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Franchesca Sakai, Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
- Franziska Ziegler, Lich, Germany
- Gaylene Tingstad, Turner Valley, Alberta
- Graham McKerrell, Calgary, Alberta
- Greg Campbell, High River, Alberta
- Greg Ewanchuk, Edmonton, Alberta
- Hailey Rickewaert, Rimbey, Alberta
- Harald Oldach, Edmonton, Alberta
- How Chua, Calgary, Alberta
- J. Shirley Chinneck, Canmore, Alberta
- James Anderson, Calgary, Alberta
- Jared Doell, Onoway, Alberta
- Jason Blume, Nashville, Tennessee, U.S.A.
- Jason Nolan, High River, Alberta
- Jean-Pierre Corp, Calgary, Alberta
- Jeff Morris, Jasper, Alberta
- Jeffrey Bobrel, Revelstoke, British Columbia
- Jennifer Chomiak, Lethbridge, Alberta
- Jeremy Klager, Calgary, Alberta
- Jim Chobotuk, Calgary, Alberta
- Joanna Nemrava, Kamloops, British Columbia
- Johannes von Langenhauser, Bragg Creek, Alberta
- John Morrison, Calgary, Alberta
- Jolene Bryant, Elko, British Columbia
- Joshua Tack, Missoula, Montana, U.S.A.
- Karla Parchoma, Lloydminster, Alberta
- Karolina Bil, Edmonton, Alberta
- Katherine Lim, Edmonton, Alberta
- Kelly Melanson, Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Kevin Eaton, Sylvan Lake, Alberta
- Kevin Kiez, Port Moody, British Columbia
- Kevin Luethi, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Laura Bentley, Calgary, Alberta
- Laura Golebiowski, Calgary, Alberta
- Leesa Epp, Lacombe, Alberta
- Leslie Achtymichuk, Delta, British Columbia
- Liam Mullany, Coquitlam, British Columbia
- Lindsey Bell, Edmonton, Alberta
- Lisa Schlosser, Kingston, Ontario
- Lloyd Dykstra, Grande Prairie, Alberta
- Lucie Grenier, Lac-Drolet, Québec
- Marilee Cahoon, Cardston, Alberta
- Mark Burden, Edmonton, Alberta
- Mark Rossi, Corby, Northants, U.K.
- Marshall and Marlene Proctor, Coldstream, British Columbia
- Mary Armstrong, Calgary, Alberta
- Mélanie Lessard, East Broughton, Québec
- Melinda Pedregosa, Calgary, Alberta
- Michael Jones, Calgary, Alberta
- Michal Prouza, Horní Radechová, Czech Republic
- Michelle Beaudry, Williams Lake, British Columbia
- Michelle Lacher, Edmonton, Alberta
- Michelle Spragg, Revelstoke, British Columbia
- Mike Lenaour, Lethbridge, Alberta
- Mike Mueller, Regina, Saskatchewan
- Mike Robertson, Calgary, Alberta
- Monica Hardy, Calgary, Alberta
- Monte Comeau, Salmo, British Columbia
- Moonhee Han, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Murray Everett, Calgary, Alberta
- Pamela Wallin, Prince George, British Columbia
- Pat Weninger, Armstrong, British Columbia
- Paulette Bulley, Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Pete Hodgson, Canmore, Alberta
- Petra Kos, Sechelt, British Columbia
- Quinn VanGaalen, Foremost, Alberta
- Rachel Ambrose, Palos Verdes Estates, California, U.S.A.
- Rachel Lambert, Vauxhall, Alberta
- Reynold Reimer, Calgary, Alberta
- Rob Milson, Edmonton, Alberta
- Roland Dainton, Victoria, British Columbia
- Ronda Coughlan, Calgary, Alberta
- Rosemarie Wrobel, Calgary, Alberta
- Ross Lucy, Calgary, Alberta
- Russ Scullen, Canmore, Alberta
- Sandra Barron, Grand Forks, British Columbia
- Sarah Wutzke, Rocky Mountain House, Alberta
- Sarai Schuk, 150 Mile House, Alberta
- Savannah Claudepierre, Kamloops, British Columbia
- Serenity Morgan, Revelstoke, British Columbia
- Stephan Meinke, Burnaby, British Columbia
- Suzan Masoud, Edmonton, Alberta
- Suzanne Hunter, Calgary, Alberta
- Syed Azfar Zaheer, Thornhill, Ontario
- Tanis Hardy, Cardston, Alberta
- Terence Broughton, Calgary, Alberta
- Vera Minifie, Edmonton, Alberta
- Wesley Underhill, Edson, Alberta
- Yj Zhang, Calgary, Alberta
- Yu Liu, Calgary, Alberta
- Yvonne Johns, Kimberley, British Columbia
Good luck all of you!
Remember, as we've got 4 different prizes,
4 of you are winners, one in each of the following categories!
454 photos in the category "Landscapes and Sunsets" competing for a Dream Getaway to Jasper comprising a 2 night stay at Jasper Park Lodge + 1 night stay and a $60 dinner voucher at Sunwapta Falls Rocky Mountain Resort + Rafting experience with Rocky Mountain River Guides + Glacier Icewalk for a family of 4 with Peter Lemieux + 4 tickets for the Columbia Icefield Glacier Adventure provided by Brewster Attractions + One HD camera + accessories from the Camera Store in Calgary (around $1500),
189 photos in the category "Flowers and Wildlife" competing for a Dream Getaway to Banff comprising a 2 night stay at the Banff Aspen Lodge + 4 tickets for the Sulphur Mountain Gondola and the Banff Lake Cruise by Brewster Attractions + $50 gift certificate to The Old Spaghetti Factory + 1 set of 3 guide books by Graeme Pole + 1 guided hike with Graeme Pole (priceless) + 20 min Family Trail Ride with Timberline Tours + 4 Hiking Boots for a family of 4 provided by Keen Canada (around $800) + 4 portable campfires provided by Campfire in a Can (around $330 each),
137 photos in the category "Friends and Family" photos competing for a Dream Getaway to Revelstoke comprising 1 night stay for 2 at Poppi's Guesthouse + 2 night stay at Powder Springs Inn + An adult and youth adventure Tower Combo at Sky Trek Adventure Park + $40 for Benoit's Wine Bar + Family Pass for Enchanted Forest + 2 passes to Revelstoke Museum and Archives + 2 passes to Revelstoke Railway Museum + 2 passes to the Nickelodeon Museum + 2 Parks Canada passes and 2 prints + One helicopter sightseeing tour with a stop and walk with Glacier Helicopters,
19 videos in the category "Experience The Mountain Parks" competing for a Houseboat Vacation of a three-day (long) weekend for up to 20 guests on the Genesis 75 during peak season (yes we said 'peak season') of the summer 2013. This incredible prize, valued over $6000, is sponsored by Waterway.
As we've got quite numerous photos and videos in the queue to be uploaded on our website re: our 2012/2013 Photos/Videos Contest.
Deadline is in 9 days though. Competition is quite fierce and this is human nature to wait until the last minute to submit. So in case you were wondering about your submissions(s), it is certainly in the process to be uploaded but, hasn't been lost in any ways.
Thank you all and best of luck!
If you think you've got what it takes, please contact us as we're looking for the best out there! Let us know why we should have you as a guest blogger in less than 500 words.
We're looking for a diverse group of outdoor enthusiasts from across Alberta and British Columbia, and beyond.
We offer exposure --close to 2 million visitors to our website over a year--, as well as from time to time prizes and incentives for your participation!
- Banff Visitor Centre pays tribute to its cultural history
- Getting Off The Grid. Great for Adventure Lovers!
- And the second place in the Friends & Family category goes to...
- And the second place in the Videos category of our 2012 RECESS IS BACK readers' contest goes to...
- And the second place in the Landscapes and Sunsets category of our 2012 RECESS IS BACK readers' contest goes to...
- And the second place in the Wildlife & Flowers category goes to...
- And the winners of our 2012/2013 Photos and Videos Contest are...
- 2012/2013 Photos/Videos Contest
- oTENTiks are coming to a mountain park near you!
- Submissions to our 2012/2013 Photos/Videos Contest are now over...