Experience The Mountain Parks Blog
...all about the Alberta-to-British Columbia mountain parks, including life in and around the parks. Not all our news and stories are here, though, so you might want to check our news section and Bob's "tweets" —conveniently placed in the upper right of each page.
Tomorrow, Thursday, January 24, 2013 will be held in Calgary at the BMO Centre, Stamped Park the 44th Calgary RV Expo and Sale.
The show goes on from 1:00 PM to 10:00 PM on Thursday, as well as Friday and Saturday from 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM. Last day is Sunday from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
A new page with a fully interactive map featuring West Bragg Creek Provincial Park, in Alberta, has been added to Experience The Mountain Parks website. Check it out here!
We'll be adding trails descriptions pretty soon. If you do have videos or/and photos of your experience in West Bragg Creek, let us know and we'll be posting them on this website along with a credit back to you.
On Friday, May 13, Lydia Edwards of Jasper, Alberta, received her prize(s) from the hands of Julian Ferreira, Operations Director of The Camera Store in Calgary.
She received a package of a total retail value of $1800, graciously donated by The Camera Store in Calgary; a brand new Canon EOS Digital Rebel T2i-EF-S High Definition video camera along with accessories.
The first annual Calgary Outdoor Expo and Festival will provide outdoor enthusiasts with a unique experience that focuses on the people, services and products that make Calgary such a vibrant outdoor community.
Outdoor expo consumer trade show
- Trade show booth manned by suppliers, outfitters, and retailers
- New product area
- Sport climbing wall supported by local clubs and celebrity international climbers
- Skills presentations
- Specials in participating local retailers
- Specials at local climbing gyms
- Information sessions organized by clubs, parks, and CAOC (Calgary Area Outdoor Council)
- Reel Rock Film Festival with guest speakers
- Snow and Ski Film Festival night
- Consignment rate 25% (you get the selling price less GST and less 25% commission if sold)
- Public consignment Friday, October 29th 5pm to 9pm
- Outdoor gear and clothing sale Saturday, October 30th, from 10am to 5pm and Sunday, October 31th from 10am to 3pm
- Half-price sale Sunday, October 31st from 12pm to 3pm
- Pick-up & payment Sunday, October 31st from 6pm to 9pm
- Avalanche beacons and equipment
- Waxing and ski preparation
- GPS and locator devices
- Getting Off The Grid. Great for Adventure Lovers!
- And the second place in the Friends & Family category goes to...
- And the second place in the Videos category of our 2012 RECESS IS BACK readers' contest goes to...
- And the second place in the Landscapes and Sunsets category of our 2012 RECESS IS BACK readers' contest goes to...
- And the second place in the Wildlife & Flowers category goes to...
- And the winners of our 2012/2013 Photos and Videos Contest are...
- 2012/2013 Photos/Videos Contest
- oTENTiks are coming to a mountain park near you!
- Submissions to our 2012/2013 Photos/Videos Contest are now over...
- Please be patient...