Experience The Mountain Parks Blog
...all about the Alberta-to-British Columbia mountain parks, including life in and around the parks. Not all our news and stories are here, though, so you might want to check our news section and Bob's "tweets" —conveniently placed in the upper right of each page.
Definitely worth checking BEFORE heading to the mountains, this website is full of information on avalanches, photos and videos. Great website!!
Website address is www.VirtualMountains.ca
The first annual Calgary Outdoor Expo and Festival will provide outdoor enthusiasts with a unique experience that focuses on the people, services and products that make Calgary such a vibrant outdoor community.
Outdoor expo consumer trade show
- Trade show booth manned by suppliers, outfitters, and retailers
- New product area
- Sport climbing wall supported by local clubs and celebrity international climbers
- Skills presentations
- Specials in participating local retailers
- Specials at local climbing gyms
- Information sessions organized by clubs, parks, and CAOC (Calgary Area Outdoor Council)
- Reel Rock Film Festival with guest speakers
- Snow and Ski Film Festival night
- Consignment rate 25% (you get the selling price less GST and less 25% commission if sold)
- Public consignment Friday, October 29th 5pm to 9pm
- Outdoor gear and clothing sale Saturday, October 30th, from 10am to 5pm and Sunday, October 31th from 10am to 3pm
- Half-price sale Sunday, October 31st from 12pm to 3pm
- Pick-up & payment Sunday, October 31st from 6pm to 9pm
- Avalanche beacons and equipment
- Waxing and ski preparation
- GPS and locator devices
The Big Wild is a conservation movement founded by Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC) and the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society (CPAWS).
Watch their 92-second video to get the low down on The Big Wild.
Excerpt from thebigwild.org website:
"... Infographics really come in handy when you want to highlight fun facts and empirical evidence as it relates to scale and impact.
The Big Wild infographic features biodiversity in North America and compares Canada to the United States and Mexico..."
- Banff Visitor Centre pays tribute to its cultural history
- Getting Off The Grid. Great for Adventure Lovers!
- And the second place in the Friends & Family category goes to...
- And the second place in the Videos category of our 2012 RECESS IS BACK readers' contest goes to...
- And the second place in the Landscapes and Sunsets category of our 2012 RECESS IS BACK readers' contest goes to...
- And the second place in the Wildlife & Flowers category goes to...
- And the winners of our 2012/2013 Photos and Videos Contest are...
- 2012/2013 Photos/Videos Contest
- oTENTiks are coming to a mountain park near you!
- Submissions to our 2012/2013 Photos/Videos Contest are now over...