Experience The Mountain Parks Blog
...all about the Alberta-to-British Columbia mountain parks, including life in and around the parks. Not all our news and stories are here, though, so you might want to check our news section and Bob's "tweets" —conveniently placed in the upper right of each page.
No worries, it's now online for your reading convenience. Check it out here and enjoy!
One of our newest contributors, Graeme Pole just released a new Canadian Rockies guide.
This 20th Anniversary Edition (184 pages, softcover, $21.95) includes 151 outings in Banff, Jasper, Yoho, Kootenay, Mt. Robson, Waterton Lakes, and Akamina-Kishinena Parks, as well as Kananaskis Country and Kootenay Plains Recreation Area!!
Hike descriptions are packed with comprehensive information on history, geology, wildlife, and wildflowers.Detailed maps and suggestion for the best time of day to visit, assist in planning itineraries. Colour photographs depict the principal features. Wildlife and wildflower guides, and tips on equipment, preparedness, trail etiquette, as well as bear safety.
This is definitely an indispensable resource we recommend. Since its first release, this title has sold more than 65,000 copies.
As an alternate, you might want to order it from Alpine Book Peddlers, 1-866-478-2280.
Today, Sunday April 22, 2012 is Earth Day. That means we're all concerned about our Earth future. However it doesn't mean we as individuals, shouldn't be concerned about it every day of our life, doesn't it? Actually it's only if we start on an individual level, that we'll be able (as a global community) to have an impact on an individual basis as well as globally.
So and on this very topic, we fully support this "Take it up for Earth Day" initiative as it (hopefully) could have a sustainable impact not only on our planet but on our daily lives too by simply starting to take up a new habit!
So, if you feel concerned, intrigued, or compelled check this initiative out here, and moreover pledge but get started for a better personal life here.
Now we'll make sure Earth Day doesn't last one day a year!
Our 2011/2012 Photos/Videos Contest is now over. All received submissions have been posted on our website.
Submissions to our grand 2011/2012 Photos/Videos Contest were accepted up to February 29, 2012, midnight MT.
We received a total of 396 photos;
- 224 photos in the "Landscape & Sunsets" category
- 103 photos in the "Flowers & Wildlife" category
- 69 photos in the "Friends & Family" category and
- 4 videos
Thank you all and good luck!
Any new submissions will be entered in for the 2012/2013 Contest. You might want to wait a bit to know more about the exciting prizes Bob and our generous sponsors gathered for you.
The above trailer is titled "RWC". It means "Reconnecting with Canada".
As they put it: "A crew of four brave souls, two motorcycles and support, battle the elements, and their own wits, as they cross northern Canada to Tuktoyaktuk. 10,000 kilometres of winter conditions, ice roads and mind numbing adventure. This is: The North."
Quite an adventure, a life story, and beautiful images, thank you folks!
- Getting Off The Grid. Great for Adventure Lovers!
- And the second place in the Friends & Family category goes to...
- And the second place in the Videos category of our 2012 RECESS IS BACK readers' contest goes to...
- And the second place in the Landscapes and Sunsets category of our 2012 RECESS IS BACK readers' contest goes to...
- And the second place in the Wildlife & Flowers category goes to...
- And the winners of our 2012/2013 Photos and Videos Contest are...
- 2012/2013 Photos/Videos Contest
- oTENTiks are coming to a mountain park near you!
- Submissions to our 2012/2013 Photos/Videos Contest are now over...
- Please be patient...