Experience The Mountain Parks Blog
...all about the Alberta-to-British Columbia mountain parks, including life in and around the parks. Not all our news and stories are here, though, so you might want to check our news section and Bob's "tweets" —conveniently placed in the upper right of each page.
Here's your unique chance to win a week-long odyssey exploring seven epic riding destinations in British Columbia. And yes, that's an other contest!!
Mountain Biking BC, along with BC Bike Ride and Endless Biking are giving away a fabulous prize: a 7-day trip to explore seven destinations across British Columbia, discovering the province's legendary trails, accompanied by some of the best guides and coaches in the industry. To top it off, the winner can bring along their best riding buddy to join the adventure.
The trip will take place from August 11, 2012 to August 19, 2012 starting out from Vancouver and ending in Whistler, in time to catch the Red Bull Joyride Finals at Cranworx on August 18.
Trip includes ground transportation, accommodation, professional guides, $1000 cash, and as much dirt loving your legs and lungs can handle.
To enter, riders just need to submit their entry at www.MountainBikingBC.ca.
Entries for the contest close on June 30, 2012. On July 2nd, ten randomly selected finalists will be notified to explain in a short essay why they most deserve the trip. Grand prize winner will be announced on July 11, one month short to prepare for their ultimate mountain biking dream on British Columbia's most awesome single track.
That's it, but don't miss this incredible opportunity!!
Photo credit: Frisby Ridge, Revelstoke, British Columbia, photo by Bruno Long
Curious to know what last year's trip looked like? Check this video then:
If you're an avid mountain biker, you'll certainly appreciate these high-end videos we found for you! They've been all shot in Whistler.
Make sure to check our Whistler and Garibaldi Provincial Park section pumped with maps —dowloadable and interactive—, gorgeous photos of Garibaldi Provincial Park, and lots more videos of Whistler. Enjoy!!
So, back to (extreme) mountain biking, first video is called "Whistler Mountain bike experimental array"
Second one is called "Craig Sanchez rips Whistler A-Line"
Third one is the inspiring and impressive "Kokanee Crankworx 2011 Red Bull Joyride"
- Banff Visitor Centre pays tribute to its cultural history
- Getting Off The Grid. Great for Adventure Lovers!
- And the second place in the Friends & Family category goes to...
- And the second place in the Videos category of our 2012 RECESS IS BACK readers' contest goes to...
- And the second place in the Landscapes and Sunsets category of our 2012 RECESS IS BACK readers' contest goes to...
- And the second place in the Wildlife & Flowers category goes to...
- And the winners of our 2012/2013 Photos and Videos Contest are...
- 2012/2013 Photos/Videos Contest
- oTENTiks are coming to a mountain park near you!
- Submissions to our 2012/2013 Photos/Videos Contest are now over...